Wild Woman Project Reno New Moon Circles for women
What is The Wild Woman Project?
The Wild Woman Project is a collective of women around the globe intent on meeting during the new moons, like we did in ancient times. To awaken the divine feminine, to experience what it is like to come back home to our own bodies and seek the wisdom from within our own skin.
Gathering on the New Moon has been a timeless tradition for women of all cultures and ancestral backgrounds! The Wild Woman Project New Moon circles have finally come to Reno to offer women this sacred ritual once more. In this international network of circles, you can expect: A sensuous sacred space held by trained WWP Facilitator, Keia Lavine, with Guided Meditation, Sharing, Intention Setting Ritual & fun held on the Saturday on or nearest the New Moon.
The Wild Woman Project is at once a philosophy (an invigorating approach to life as a wondrous, often messy, creative project) & a growing movement of courageous, creative, heart centered (often weird & wonderful) women on a mission to remember, to re-imagine what it means to be a woman – untamed.
With an eye toward the greater good, a love for the natural world, and a tendency for loud belly laughs, we at The Wild Woman Project aim to weave a web of radiant, creative & loving women who live from the heart and open to every moment.
Upcoming dates for 2019 Wild Woman New Moon Gatherings.
In keeping with traditions we gather on a Saturday on or nearest the New Moon time. Gatherings are located at Sound Body Healing Arts Studio
January 5th -Saturday
February 2nd -Saturday
March 9th -Saturday
April 6th -Saturday
May 4th -Saturday
June 1st -Saturday
July 6th -Saturday
Aug 3rd- Saturday
Aug 31st -Saturday
Sep 28th -Saturday
Oct 26th -Saturday
Nov 23rd -Saturday
Dec 28th -Saturday
You can reserve your spot on meetup. Check out the link below. I cannot wait to see you, wild one, eye to eye, and heart to heart.
New Moon traditions
You are invited to dress up in your Goddess Best, feel gorgeous, wear all your jewelry, feathers and beads~ (long skirts and bare feet welcome!) Bring $35 for the fee ($5 is donated into a scholarship fund for those who can't afford so no sister is denied the rich teachings and fun). Come prepared for an amazing time of fun, laughter, ritual and sisterhood. These circles are not associated with a singular path or religion, but rather, an inclusive coming together with women from all paths. We all come from different spiritual/cultural backgrounds and gather around the ideas of: Sisterhood (having each others backs, empowering one another), a respect for the earth (wildness, turning to nature as a teacher) & co-creation (the understanding that just as we co-create our experience in circle, so do we co-create life on earth). We also tend to be a heart-centered bunch, with lots of laughter & tears.
What to Expect
Conscious Food - Eating to the Lunar and astrological influence and mind, body, spirit healing. This meal is prepared with love by our Temple Priestess.
Lunar teachings - Reflecting on living within the natural rhythms of the lunar calendar and seasons
Tea Ceremony - Each Month we will enjoy a tea themed to the circle teachings and provided by our Priestess of Hearts
Embodiment - Practicing embodiment of the intentional reclaiming of our bodies as women… asking how do I feel instead of how do I look?
Crafting - A passion project themed around the lunar teachings and invitation for you to express your creative truth
Sharing - Sharing is how we are witnessed in our journey, cultivating sacred sisterhood and walking this life with our tribe!
Guided Meditation - Going deeper within for an experience of your own, guided meditation by your host, Keia Lavine
Intention setting ritual - Set your intentions on the New Moon, witnessed by your sisters in an incredible ritual of ancient practice
Singing, Dancing, Drumming and Barefoot Fun - we celebrate the wild woman withing as we unleash our untamed nature in a celebration of wild howling and fun
Sacred Alter space - Enjoy an incredible Alter created each month by our Alter Keeper, in honor of Mother Earth and themed each month to the lunar astrological influence (you are invited to bring a sacred stone to the alter or flowers as an offering of your heart)
Energy Healing - Experience a space of Energetic sealing and charged with Reiki, you will be smudged upon entry and blessed by our Circle guardian with love and abundance
Wild Woman Gift and Goodie Bag - Each month at entry you will receive a special gift bag filled with a present and supplies that will support you in the circle crafting, sharing, fun… also there will be a yummy treat and local marketing and special offers from local businesses and practitioners. We support local - Do you have a practice that you would like to share your cards or business information? Feel free to contact me any time as we would love to support you.
Sacred Sisterhood - Join your tribe, we are waiting for you. Enjoy an incredible tribe of Wild Women, endeavoring to empower and support you on your journey. All you need to do is show up, Bring a journal and pen and of course, Your wild and untamed heart!
Come howl with the Wild Woman Project Reno under the New Moon dear sisters, and lets open our heart to our wild nature within!
What to bring
Bring $35 (helps pay for the space rental, goodies and supplies)
Journal and Pen
Sacred Item for the Alter (can be a stone, a picture, flowers of your choosing)
You are encouraged to wear a long skirt (not mandatory) as in ancient tradition to feel the connection to mother from withing the womb space
You are welcome to bring a yoga mat and/ or any pillows, blankets or cushions to aid you in comfort during our New Moon Ceremony
And of course ~ Your wild and untamed heart! Come howl with me under the New Moon dear sisters and lets open our heart to our wild nature within!
Important to know
Join the Wild Woman Project Reno Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/wildwomenreno/
After attendance of one of our New Moon Gatherings you will be invited into our closed facebook group for a continued sacred space throughout the Month to continue in sisterhood and the teachings of the Wild Woman Project. This is an official Wild Woman Project Circle! www.thewildwomanproject.com
This circle is open to all who identify as a woman**
Wild women gatherings are fun! Here's a small suggestive list of Do's to prepare you for during our gathering!
1. Dress up, be beautiful and celebrate your vibrant womanhood. Wear all the shiny glittery crowns, jewelry and accessories you want. Get it out of the closet and put it on, yes you can show it off, but do this for you. This is your night of extravagant depth. Wear your favorite lipstick and feel free to leave the constrictive chonies and bra in their drawer. be wild, be free wear a skirt or dress that you will feel good in... bust out the feathers, glitter and gold.... we will be barefoot and mobile at times so polish those toes and love on your feet. (not mandatory) I offer this ... that for our 1 time a month meet treat your self like a queen and pamper yourself ready for a night of fun.
2. Bring a journal and a pen. Journals are an important part of the work we will do in circles so perhaps you treat your self to a brand new journal dedicated to the Reno Wild Women New Moon Circle. Be wild and pick a journal that is fun, free and represents your raw womanhood untamed and unbridled.
3. Do bring a water bottle - we will have times of silence and times of talking, some times dancing and sometimes singing. It important to keep yourself hydrated and water is the first medicine.
4. Bring a blanket or bolster to sit on if that will make you feel most comfortable. Remember Comfort is important for a queen. Especially for those with knees or back problems, bring anything that you feel is necessary for comfort.
5. Do bring $35 for cover price - $5 of this goes to a scholarship fund for those who cannot afford the cost of this event but really WANT to be a part of the gathering. The remainder goes to cover the cost of the space rental, the refreshments, decorations, leadership training cost and various items purchased for the gathering. If you are interested in helping in any way, we are looking for more dedicated priestesses and Wild Women to join the team and help take part of empowering women everywhere.
6. Bring an open heart, mind and spirit that is fueled with compassion for the sisters that surround you. We all have our secrets, struggles, pains and more and we are all growing. Parts of the whole and just like our Grandmother moon teaches us, every day we may show a different aspect of our selves. Compassion for our wild sisters is key as we all open our hearts, minds and spirits together.
7. Do have a good time. give yourself permission to laugh and show up and be authentic as this will ensure an amazing experience. You will be held with sacred sincerity and are invited to find the most authentic wild you.
I love you, I love you, I love you….. arroooooooooo!!!!!
MEET CHRIS MADDOX - THE FOUNDER OF THE WILD WOMAN PROJECT, MY TEACHER, MY HEAD PRIESTESS, MY HEART!